My dear Pari,
This Christmas while playing Santa I mulled over the list of gifts I’d love to give you in the
times to come. Quite contrary to my thinking, the list actually isn’t too long and has gifts that I am sure you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
1. Freedom to be who you are born to be - I wish you follow your heart at every step in life to be who you were born to be. I’ll be your guide, helping you get access to a variety of resources letting you explore your hidden strengths. But, the decision of what you become in life will always rest with you.
Be what you feel you want to be in every cell of your system, never worrying about the tradition or social norms. Don’t spend your precious life being what others want you to be.
2. Be Open - In your thoughts, words and contemplation of all that happens in your world. Don’t assume. Ask lot of questions to understand the reality better because it is the key to ‘adventure’ of seeking while you inquire and wait for answers from all over. Basing today, on the judgement of others made in the past, is never the right policy.
Have a clear mind and gift yourself opportunity to outshine your past achievements. Every record is made to be broken. People aren’t mind readers, tell them what’s on your mind. Communication is the key, saying those first words makes everything clear like the first rays of sun clear up the fog in no time. I might disagree with what you say but I will always hear you out before making my point.
3. Read more - I dream of you reading lots of books. We are the products of all we know. The easiest mode of gaining knowledge is reading about things to lengths we desire. The more time, energy and money you spend acquiring pertinent knowledge, the more control you will have over your life.
Don’t restrict your reading to academics, novels or comics. Read all that the world reads, for interest begins only when you’ve touched upon the treasures of the unseen, discover them through reading.
4. Imagination & Curiosity - Imagination is the leaven that adds color to even the monochrome chapters of life, making them animated and soothing to the soul. However, curiosity makes life a never-ending adventure where ‘stopping’ is never an option as you desire to know more and more.
Let your imagination encourage resourcefulness, spur creativity, and break down boundaries. Fan the spark of your imagination and curiosity to sail through life with joy.
5. Discipline - The ability to postpone pleasures of today for long-term gains is the biggest sign of discipline. Be it in planning your timetable as a student, taking care of your finances, organizing your career goals or scheming for your family’s future; disciplined approach always bears sweet fruits.
Another vital aspect of disciplined life is having the reins of your very being in control. You are the master of your universe, your body, mind and soul and responsible of its well-being. So make sure you take care of yourself devoting time in staying healthy, eating nutritious foods, save well for indulgences and be the planner of what all happens to you and your life.
I am wrapping these gifts in the wrapping of my unconditional love, sealed with the glue of confidence and adorned with the bright ribbon of hope that tomorrow shall be brighter and better than today in every way, because we are together going to build it on the foundation of faith I laid the day you tiptoed in my life.
With lots of love & blessings,
The song on my mind: Ek pyar ka nagma hai ~ Shor